Teacher Resource PackageSKU: TRP.
The Reading to Learn teacher resources is designed for teachers in primary and high schools help enable all students at all levels of education to read and write successfully, at levels appropriate to their age, grade and area of study.
Greenslopes State School was just one of the six schools in Queensland to have seen improvements across both reading and numeracy, with principal Kathy Canavan saying the school had recently engaged in the Reading to Learn project. “We use the Reading to Learn across the curriculum, as scaffolding to support the students,” she said. – The Courier Mail
In this package you will receive 9 Course Books & DVDs.
- Preparing for reading and writing
- Detailed lesson plans
- Selecting and analysing texts across the curriculum
- Assessing students reading and writing
- Detailed reading and rewriting
- Reading and writing in the early years
- Language patterns in sentences
- Language patterns in texts
- Scaffolding maths
- Academic reading and writing
The DVDs show demonstration lessons with voice over and subtitles. They are designed to be used together with the course books. Demonstration lessons include:
- Early years reading and writing
- Reading and writing stories
- Reading and writing factual texts
- English as a second language (ESL)
- Academic literacy
- Teaching maths operations
- Solving maths word problems
Available to all countries
**All books are printed black and white except for cover pages**